Christmas Boxes Project
This Sunday we have a wonderful opportunity to break bread and enjoy a thanksgiving meal together. After that, the fun really begins.
We will move into the auditorium and begin working on our Christmas Box Outreach project. I urge you as individuals and families today to begin with prayer for each family that receives a box that they would be open to God's call and see Christmas, maybe for the first time, though His eyes. Christ was born that God's promise could be fulfilled. We celebrate the beginning of a journey of love and care for us that begins in Christmas and blossoms on Easter.
Our goals for Sunday are simple:
- Love our neighbor as ourself as we wrap, craft, write and make the things that go in and around the 90 boxes.
- We all participate because we all are ambasadors for Christ and God can use all of us no matter our ability or skill.
Here's the plan:
- As you come in, everyone will get a colored piece of paper that gives you the station you will start on so we can be sure we balance the different stations.
- We will do the following tasks: wrap the apple boxes in Christmas paper, write note cards, measure out and prepare layered cookie jars, and make special Christmas ornaments. Each one will be its own station.
- Our goal is 90 of each item since we are giving boxes to 90 different families that we as a church have cared for through the food pantry at least twice.
Thank you for all the food donations that have made this project possible!
Posted by Craig
Posted on Fri, November 22, 2013
by Craig Smith filed under