Seven Reasons I'm Grateful for My Church
The Apostle Paul's exclamation in Rom 11:36 strikes me as an especially fitting response on Thanksgiving Day.
"For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen."
As I thanked God for specific blessings in my life this morning, my heart quickly turned to my brothers and sisters at KingsWay. How I praise God for you, my friends! There are at least seven reasons why that's the case.
- You love God's Word and are hungry for theologically rich, Christ-exalting sermons (Acts 17:11-12)
- You compassionately provide for the physical needs of others at the cost of your own comfort and ease (1 Jn 3:16)
- You eagerly pray for and generously support the global mission of the gospel (Matt 9:38)
- You fight to trust God when life doesn’t make sense and help others to the same (2 Cor 1:3-4)
- You faithfully encourage your leaders and are patient with their weaknesses (Eph 4:29)
- You diligently use your spiritual gifts to bless the church regardless of how many people are watching (1 Pe 4:10-11)
- You have a vision for building a trans-cultural, multi-racial community (Eph 4:4-6)
That list took my about all of 10 minutes to write. Why? Because it's not hard to thank God for you. The evidences of his gracious work in your life are obvious. He has been amazingly kind to allow me to be one of your shepherds.
Posted by Matthew
Posted on Thu, November 24, 2016
by Matthew Williams filed under