Rich and Anna Rogness are crazy.
For the second year in a row, they're hosting a youth lock-in at the building. From 6:00pm this Friday to 9:00am Saturday morning, they will be playing games, eating pizza, watching movies, and generally having a good time with Impact & Frontline students. Neither one plans on getting much sleep.
Why stay up all night with a bunch of 11-18 year olds? It's simple. Rich & Anna are passionate about building a church where young people experience the same kind of strong community that their parents enjoy. I respect them for it and am excited to join in the craziness this weekend.
More information is available on the Frontline & Impact sites on Church Community Builder, including the following note from Rich.
Here is the much anticipated and long overdue information about our Second Annual KingsWay Lock-in!
We’re going to have a blast! We’ve got games and activities lined up. We’ll have a pizza snack and other food and any you care to bring and share. We’ll be able to hang out all night together, laughing, goofing off, and playing games. Some brave people may even try to sleep. Yes, we will have places for you to close your eyes and re-energize.
Please take a look at some of the things we have planned and let the excitement begin. We are soooo looking forward to hanging out with you all. What we need is you (and any parents that are crazy enough to chaperone)! So please plan to come, bring your parents, and let’s make this a fun night to remember!
- Friday 6:00PM – Saturday 9:00AM (clean up until Noon)
WHAT TO BRING
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Sleeping bag, cot/mat, blanket
- Personal favorite board or card games
- Extra clothes, pajamas, toiletries
- A favorite snack you’d like to make or buy to share with others
- Fun activities including “stations” for volleyball, basketball, wii, board games, other games, and movies on the big-screen
- Food and snacks are provided, including pizza, root beer floats and eggs and bacon for breakfast
- Godly attitudes, words and actionsRespect for those in charge
- Kindness to others
- A sense of humor
- Little to no sleep
- No coming and going as you please(we will have security procedures in place)
Posted by Matthew
Posted on Wed, March 12, 2014
by Matthew Williams filed under