Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Chris opened our time together with announcements for the week and Matthew led a Call to Worship from Psalm 73.
We sang All Creatures of Our God and King, One Thing Remains, and I Will Rise.
Matthew led us in giving our offerings and shared about the upcoming Starting Point class this weekend.
Rebekah Giannini, our new Women's Ministry Director, shared about the heart behind women's ministry at KingsWay, introduced the new planning team, and invited ladies to attend the upcoming fall breakfast on October 29th.
Bob Shanks read Daniel 1 and Matthew preached the message "Worthy of Our Allegiance" as the next message in our new series, Dominion: The Book of Daniel. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page.
Chris led us in communion and we sang Soon.
Matthew closed our time with a benediction.
1. Daniel and his friends believed that God is in control and worthy of our allegiance. Do you believe these things as well? Are they applied in your day to day life?
2. What is the relationship that exists between God and His people? What are the tangible manifestations of a covenental relationship? How have you seen such a relationship play out in scripture and in our lives today?
3. Matthew taught that God not only uses but governs our suffering to ordain His divine purpose in our lives. What are some ways that you have experienced this?
4. What is the difference between trusting God and obeying him?
5. Even in our darkest hour, our world will never be controlled by our sin or the sin of others. It will only be controlled by our God. With this in mind, what is the difference between a persistent resolve toward holiness and spiritual compromise? What are the effects of each amid suffering and in our earthly lives long-term?
Posted on Tue, October 11, 2016
by Serena Walker filed under