Sunday Review: April 1, 2018
On Sunday, April 1, 2018. Matthew preached the message “Deliverance from Death" from Genesis 5 as part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. To access the projection from the message, click here.
1. Were you surprised that Matthew preached from Genesis 5 on Resurrection Sunday? How does this text orient us to the most significant truths in the Bible?
2. What causes humans to loose sight of the gift of life? On this side of the fall, does life remain a sacred gift from God or does the presence of weakness somehow limit God's power?
3. What is the significance of Seth being born "in the likeness of Adam". What does this mean for us today?
4. Do you struggle with avoiding the reality of death? How are the realities of death and aging a sign from the Lord about the ephemeral nature of this life? Why is a "list of obituaries" like this in Genesis 5 ultimately a gift?
5. How did Enoch escape death? How were his actions different than Adam's? What is the only way for death to be defeated in our lives?
6. The main point of Matthew's message was that God has taken our worst enemy and made it the doorway to our greatest hope. Do you believe this? How have your encounters with death and suffering made this an easy or difficult truth to cling to?
Posted on Mon, April 2, 2018
by Serena Walker filed under