Sunday Review: April 22, 2018
On Sunday, April 22, 2018. Matthew preached the message “God Upholds Your Life" from Genesis 8:20 - 9:17 as part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. To access the projection from the message, click here.
1. Why does God decide to never again destroy the earth? How was the sacrifice of atonement brought about in Genesis 8:21? Who or what is our atoning sacrifice?
2. Matthew taught that the concept of an "ungrateful Christian" is contradictory. Why is this?
3. In your own words, describe the attribute of God's mercy? What is it? What is it not? How do God's perfect justice and perfect mercy ultimately work together?
4. How does the blessing of God sustain our lives? Talk through how God provides purpose, provision, and protection for our earthly existence. How should this effect the way you operate as a parent? A spouse/significant other? A single adult?
5. What is a covenant? What covenantal obligation did God take upon Himself in Genesis 9? Describe this covenant and how we see it upheld even today.
Posted on Tue, April 24, 2018
by Serena Walker filed under