Sunday Review - April 3, 2016
Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday followed by a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Matthew opened our time together by leading a responsive reading from Psalm 111.
We sang Glorious and Mighty and Before the Throne of God Above.
Quinton Cools led us in the Apostles Creed and we sang Jesus, Firm Foundation.
After worship, Quinton shared about our King'sKids ministry and the current volunteer needs.
Katie Siefring read Ephesians 2:11-22 - the scripture for the next message in our current series Unity: The Letter to the Ephesians titled "Your Identity is Bigger Than You". To listed to the message again, subscribe to our English or Spanish podcast.
After the message, we sang Solid Rock and a reprise of Jesus, Firm Foundation.
Matthew shared about the Sovereign Grace Mission Fund and invited guests to visit the Connect Desk before leaving.
1. Just because God has granted us a new identity doesn't mean we automatically begin to walk out our life with this identity. Why is this? How can our individuality threaten our unity as the Church?
2. What does it mean for a church to be connected with Christ?
3. Do you personally feel like you're vitally connected to other Christians? What are some steps that God may be calling you to take to become more unified with other believers? Why is this so important?
4. What is the difference between a church that simply exists and subsists and a church that is growing in holiness? What do each of these states look like tangibly? What is the ultimate end that each will lead to?
5. What does false humility look like in a person? In a church? How do we effectively combat it?
Posted on Mon, April 4, 2016
by Serena Walker filed under