Sunday Review: April 8, 2018
On Sunday, April 8, 2018. Matthew preached the message “The Sovereign Judgement of God" from Genesis 6:1-8 as part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. To access the projection from the message, click here.
1. What was your initial reaction to Matthew’s message? Despite this passage’s difficulty, what was your biggest overall takeaway?
2. What is the significance of sin being visible to God? How is this more displaying of His power than if sin was simply “found out” or “discovered” by God? Similarly, how does this ultimately bring hope to both those who have sinned and who have been a victim of another’s sin?
3. How is God’s unchanging nature and immutability seen in His decision to send a great flood to destroy most of creation?
4. With such an immutability in mind, how does that influence how you live in your community and work and family?
5. Despite the forthcoming destruction in Genesis 6, what is the glimmer of hope that appears at the end of Sunday’s passage?
Posted on Tue, April 10, 2018
by Serena Walker filed under