Sunday Review: August 27, 2017
Below is a brief review of our Family Weekend meeting on Sunday, followed by a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Matthew welcomed all and Stephen Deloglos began our time together with a Prayer of Praise.
We sang Holy is the Lord and How Great is Our God.
Buzz Siefring read Psalm 78:1-8 as the text for Matthew's abbreviated message, "Our Mission Starts At Home". To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page.
After the message Sara Campbell shared a report about the new curriculum for our KingsKid's Ministry, and Quinton Cools spoke about the new structure for our middle and high schoolers, Frontline. Check back on the blog tomorrow, August 29th, for a summary of what they shared.
As a special part of the meeting for Family Weekend, Stephanie Shanks and members of the recent short term E-Team to Bolivia shared the drama that they used in their VBS programs in South America: "Pirates of the Corinthians".
After the drama we sang All I Have is Christ and Matthew closed our time together in prayer.
Sermon Summary and Discussion Questions:
Special thanks to Doug Roberts for the following.
Asaph described how we pass on "the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and wonders he has done." We cannot save our children, but we can do these things. We do this by a) reading His Word and b) teaching our children His Word so that we make sure they know the Word of God.
- Read Psalm 78:1-8. What should we give ear to (verse 1)? What should we tell to the coming generation (vs 4)? What is the end-goal (verse 7)? Why?
- What is an example of the wonders he has done? In scripture? In your life? In your family?
- What are consequences of listening and speaking these to our children? Tell a story about who spoke these to you and what was a significant way they did it? Thank God for that person and consider thanking that person, if possible.
- What are consequences of not listening and not speaking these to our children? Tell a story, if appropriate, from your experience.
- Talk about how we received this teaching from ~2000 years ago and through many generations. Consider thanking God for preserving His Word and His people.
- Bonus: What was the name of the "nice captain" in the skit? Who walked the plank for you?
Posted on Mon, August 28, 2017
by Serena Walker filed under