On Sunday, Matthew preached the second message, "Sola Christus" as part of our current series, The Five Solas. The message was based upon Hebrews 2:5-18. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week, followed by a recap from the meeting. To access a PDF of projection from the message, click here. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page.
1. How is Solus Christus ("Christ Alone") the foundation for all other solas?
2. What is the foundational connection between what Jesus does and Who He is? Why can these two concepts not be separated?
3. Christ alone can restore us. What does this mean? What things in your life have been restored? What areas do you still long for restoration in?
4. Why is Jesus called the last Adam? Why did Jesus do that the first Adam failed to?
5. What is the significance of the incarnation of Jesus? Why did we need someone to not only die for us, but also live for us?
6. How can you mimic Jesus' model of incarnational ministry?
7. What is the correlation between obedience and suffering? How have you experienced the link between these two aspects of following Jesus.
Josh began our meeting with announcements and a call to worship.
We sang Emmanuel (Hallowed Manger Ground) and Angela Williams led us in a Prayer of Confession.
We sang Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery, The Solid Rock, and Reformation Song.
Mike Hickman read Hebrews 2:5-18, the text for Matthew's message, "Solus Christus" as part of our current series, The Five Solas.
We sang In Christ Alone and Chris led us in communion.
After we shared communion, we sang a reprise of In Christ Alone and Chris closed our time with a benediction.
Posted on Tue, December 12, 2017
by Serena Walker filed under