Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Josh opened our time together with announcements and a Call to Worship.
We sang Glorious and Mighty and Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone).
Mavis Khoffie led us in a prayer of confession and we sang Shine Into Our Night.
Kevin Khoffie read 1 Peter 2:21-25 and we sang One Thing Remains.
Matthew and Karin Kruger invited ladies to sign up for the upcoming women's Bible studies in the book of Genesis.
Katie Siefring read the scripture for the morning's message, Daniel 11. Matthew preached "The Key to Faithfulness" as the next message in our current series, Dominion: The Book of Daniel. To listen again, subscribe to our English or Spanish podcasts or visit our Audio Resources page.
After the message, Chris led us in communion and we sand He Will Hold Me Fast.
Chris closed our time together with a benediction.
1. With so much detailed historicity in Daniel 11, what summaries and applications did you draw for yourself?
2. Matthew said that one cannot separate their doctrine of man (what you believe about who you are) from their doctrine of God (what you believe about who God is). How is this the case?
3. What is the correlation between knowing God for Who He really is and withstanding suffering? Where would you place yourself on that spectrum?
4. If God reigns, then God is in control and directs our futures. How do we know that what God had decreed for our lives is good?
5. Matthew taught that there are elements of God's glory that can only be experienced along the road of suffering. How is one to remain faithful to God amid suffering? Are you experiencing a season of suffering right now? How do you seek to know God better during such a time?
Posted on Mon, February 13, 2017
by Serena Walker filed under