Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by projection from the message, and a few discussion questions for Community Groups or personal study this week.
Chris opened the meeting with a Call to Worship from Ephesians 1:3-10.
We sang Rejoice and In Christ Alone.
Daniel Ledon led us in a Prayer of Confession and we sang When You Move.
Will Hagen and Jodi Dingwell shared words of prophecy and we sang Haven't You Been Good.
After worship, Matthew interviewed Robert Campbell about the ministry of the Gideons International. To learn more, visit their website and watch for a post coming later this week on the KingsWay blog.
Matthew gave a book recommendation about Delighting in the Trinity by Michael Reeves. A few copies of the book are currently available in the Bookshoppe.
Josh preached a message from Ephesians 1:11-14 entitled, "Our Divine Inheritance". The message is a part of our current sermon series, United: The Letter to the Ephesians. To listen again, subscribe to our English or Spanish podcast here.
After the message, we gave of our tithes and offerings while singing Come Praise and Glorify.
Matthew closed our time together with a benediction and invited those who needed to come up and pray with a pastor.
Projection from the Message:
1. What is the Basis of our inheritance?
2. What is the Guarantee of our inheritance?
3. What is the Purpose of our inheritance?
"Examine yourself to see whether you are holding to your faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you—unless you fail to meet the test!" - 2 Corinthians 13:5
"Be faithful unto death and I will give you the crown of life.” - Revelation 2:10
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22
"The most basic fact you can say about the righteousness of God is that He has an unwavering commitment to his own glory. Everything He does, He does to heighten the intensity with which his people praise Him for His glory” - John Piper
1. What is the present manifestation of our inheritance? What effect does our redemption have in our lives?
2. What is the promised future inheritance that we await?
3. Josh taught that, as with any inheritance, we must have a legal standing to receive our inheritance in Christ. What is our legal standing as Christians? What does it mean to be "in Him"?
4. What is the purpose of Paul speaking of our inheritance? What does it mean to be "to the praise of His glory"?
Posted on Mon, February 8, 2016
by Serena Walker filed under