Sunday Review: January 21, 2018
On Sunday, January 21st, Matthew preached the message “Soli Deo Gloria” from Ephesians 1:3-14 as the concluding message in our current series The Five Solas. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page.
1. What did Matthew teach is ultimately at stake when we preach the truths of these five solas? How is God's glory the "glue" that binds them all together. Go through each of the other solas (Sola Fide, Sola Scriptura, Solus Christus, Sola Gratia) and describe the connection to Soli Deo Gloria.
2. How is salvation a work of God from start to finish? How are all three members of the trinity involved in this work? (Refer back to Ephesians 1.)
3. Matthew taught that every conversion is miraculous, regardless or how outwardly-dramatic it seems. Reflect on your own salvation. When did you get saved? How do you see God's power through that experience?
4. Do you try and personally merit the love of God instead of relying on the free gift He has given? Why do you think that is? What steps can you take as a parent, spouse, single person, teenager, etc. to remind yourself of God's love for you on a daily basis?
5. Why does God sometimes put us in situations where we, in and of ourselves, powerless to glorify Him?
Posted on Tue, January 23, 2018
by Serena Walker filed under