Sunday Review: January 28, 2018
On Sunday, January 28th, Matthew preached the message “IT All Starts with God” from Genesis 1:1-25 as the first message in our current series re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. To access the projection from the message, click here.
1. To whom was the book of Genesis originally written? Why is such an old book still relevant to us today?
2. Why do you think there is such a desire in modern western culture to know who we are: our ancestry, history, background, cultural heritage, etc.? Has this bee a desire you've experienced?
3. How does creation reveal the supremacy of God?
4. What is the significance of light having been created prior to the sun in Genesis 1? Consider the historical Egyptian context that the earliest readers of this book had exited from.
5. How does creation reveal the power of God?
6. If the universe is being upheld by the word of God's power, what does that mean for you as a dweller in this universe? How does this impact the roles in life (parent, spouse, worker, student, friend, sibling, etc.) that God has placed you in right now?
Posted on Sun, January 28, 2018
by Serena Walker filed under