Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Josh welcomed all with announcements and a Call to Worship.
Suzanne Verougstraete led us in a Prayer of Praise.
We sang Our Song from Age to Age, 10,000 Reasons, and Julia Robertson shared a word from the Lord at the Prophecy Mic.
Kevin Khoffie read Psalm 51:1-17 and we sang Not in Me and Spirit of God.
Matthew welcomed new members Connor Hagen, Meredith Lewanowicz, Elmer Monroy, and Eliza Sturgeon. The church gathered around them to recite our church covenant together and pray for them as new members.
Chris led us in a prayer of intercession and Jody Dingwell read 1 John 4:13-21, as the text for the message "Abide in Love", preached by Matthew. The message was part of our current series, Assured of Salvation and can be listened to again on our Audio Resources page.
For further study in the Assured of Salvation series, Matthew recommended two books: Relationships: A mess worth making by Timothy S. Lane and Paul David Tripp, and Children of the Living God by Sinclair Ferguson.
After the message, we sang I Stand Amazed and Matthew closed our time together with a benediction.
1. Is the thought of personal communion with God exciting to you? If not, do you feel that you have either made God too small, or yourself to big, within your mind?
2. Matthew taught that we are incapable of perfecting our own love for God. What does this mean? How is our love for God perfected?
3. What gifts have you experienced that point you to God? While these are blessings, how does the empowering of the Holy Spirit ultimately serve to assure you of your salvation?
4. What would abiding in love look like practically in your own life?
5. How does God work through easy and hard relationships alike to perfect your love for Him? What are some examples of each of these kinds of relationships in your life?
Posted on Sun, June 25, 2017
by Serena Walker filed under