Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by a few discussion for Community Group or personal study this week.
The band opened our time together by reading Psalm 145.
We sang Rejoice, How Great is Our God, Jesus Son of God, and Great Are You Lord.
Matthew shared a word of prophecy and directed the church to pray for all those who specifically had bone and/or lung issues.
After worship, Matthew invited the church to attend Easter Weekend March 25-27. In addition, he invited any who were interested in being baptized to attend a baptism class, next Sunday, March 13 after the meeting.
Chris shared an update about the Bolivia Missions Foundation and Ted Williams, Bob Swank, and Anna Rogness each shared about the summer mission trips that they are leading.
Chris preached the message, "Living As Blood-Bought Gracians, Part 1" from Ephesians 2:1-5. The message is part of our current series, Unity: The Letter to the Ephesians and can be listened to again by subscribing to our English or Spanish podcast.
After the message, Matthew announced a lunch for the KingsKids volunteers as well as an upcoming Spring Work Day. He then closed our time together with a benediction.
1. Chris taught that when you become a Christian, you don't simply alter your thinking. Rather, you gain a new identity entirely. What does this mean? How does this affect the life of one who is saved by grace?
2. Good works do not give us salvation and trying harder to be a good person does not give us a spiritual life. With this in mind, explain in plain terms how God's grace is a gift and how such a gift transforms every area of life.
3. This scripture says that we were once considered children of wrath. How would you define God's wrath? What is it's relationship to mercy and love?
4. If you are saved, what were the biggest transformations that you experienced right away? What are areas of your life that are still being grown in God's grace?
5. In what ways does the grace that saves us cultivate faithfulness?
Posted on Mon, March 7, 2016
by Serena Walker