Sunday Review - May 8, 2016
Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday followed by a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Kevin Khoffie opened our time together by reading Revelation 4 and we sang Alpha and Omega.
James Hawkins sang Nobody Greater and we sang Not In Me and Blessed Assurance.
Matthew read 1 Chronicles 29:11-18 as we gave our tithes and offerings.
Matthew led a special time of child dedications. Aaliyah and Ashlynn Williams, Ethan Buffington, and Tyler Williams were all dedicated to the Lord by their families.
Chris prayed for each of the children who were dedicated. He then preached the next message in our current series United: The Letter to the Ephesians. The message was from Ephesians 4:1-6 and can be heard again on our Audio Resources webpage.
After the message we sang Behold the Lamb (Communion Hymn) and shared in communion together.
Matthew announced the upcoming Memorial Day Outdoor Service on May 29th and closed our time together with a benediction.
1. Why is humility necessary for unity in the Spirit? Is this something that comes naturally to you or does it require a lot of practice?
2. What does it mean to "bear with one another in love"? In that this love "covers a multitude of sins", how does it play out in our daily lives?
3. This passage in Ephesians rhythmically emphasizes that there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God. How does this unification contrast with the secular view of religion? Why is a pluralistic view of deity or paths to Heaven so detrimental for one to adopt? How is such a view contradictory to the gospel?
4. How far are you willing to go - what cost are you willing to pay - to maintain unity of the Spirit?
5. How is our joy intrinsically linked to the pursuit of this unity?
Posted on Mon, May 9, 2016
by Serena Walker filed under