This morning, November 12, 2017, KingsWay families gathered for a time of worship, teaching, and fellowship. Below are a few discussion questions about Chris' message, followed by projection from the message, and a brief review of the meeting as a whole.
Discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week:
1. Chris taught that our faith is worth more than gold; nothing is more important than our relationship with the Lord. How have you heard this contradicted in modern culture?
2. Is it wrong to admit when we are suffering greatly? How do we bring our trials to God as an act of sacrificial worship?
3. Chris said that feelings and emotions are not authoritative. What does this mean? Why mustn't we let solely our feelings and emotions decide how we act?
4. Why is it critical that we become engaged participants in the battle for faith and not just spectators?
5. Which of the seven truths that God gives us (in sermon notes below) is most meaningful to you? Why? Which is the biggest struggle to believe? How does the Lord help you when you cry out for strength and faith in that area?
Projection from the message:
The challenge faced: Suffering compounded by loneliness.
The challenge addressed: Never alone for those who cry out to God.
The challenge engaged: moving from spectator to participant.
"But you, Israel, my servant,
Jacob, whom I have chosen,
the offspring of Abraham, my friend;
you whom I took from the ends of the earth,
and called from its farthest corners,
saying to you, 'You are my servant,
I have chosen you and not cast you off';
fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:8-10
Seven Truths from the Lord:
1. I am with you
2. I am your God
3. I will still help you
4. I will strengthen you
5. I will still give you aid
6. I will cause you to stand
7. I will uphold you with my good and powerful hand
“But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” - James 1:22
Summary of the meeting:
Josh opened our time together with a welcome and announcements.
Bruce read from 1 Peter and we sang God Over All and Maria Martinez led us in a Prayer of Confession.
We sang Cling to Christ and How Great is Your Faithfulness.
Josh led us in praying in small groups for the persecuted Church around the world. After this time, Suzanne Veroughstraete read Psalm 142, the text for Chris' message, "God is our Refuge When All Others Forsake." The message was the last in our current series, Songs of Lament. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page or subscribe to our podcast here.
After the message we sang Psalm 62 and Josh closed our time together with a benediction.
Posted on Sun, November 12, 2017
by Serena Walker filed under