Sunday Review: November 25, 2018
On Sunday, November 25, 2018, Matthew preached the message "The Blessing of God Cannot Be Thwarted" from Genesis 30:29-43 as part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. Click here to access a PDF of the projection from the message. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page.
Special thanks to Doug Roberts for the following.
- Matthew warned that we should be on our guard against pride that wants to earn our own blessing without Christ. What are examples in your life of times when your pride wants to earn blessing without Christ? What are some practical ways to humble yourself so that you recognize what Christ has done for you?
- Matthew warned that we should guard against pride that I am the one who either has to deliver blessings to His people or that I feel like I delivered blessings to His people, rather than recognizing that the blessing is from Christ. What are examples and consequences of taking responsibility/credit for delivering the blessing yourself without Christ?
- In a sentence, what is the blessing of God that He promised to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and to His sons and daughters today? What do you sometimes misunderstand to be the promise of God?
- There is not a Laban in the universe that can stop God from delivering the Holy Spirit to us who believe! Who or what are some "Labans" that we sometimes think will thwart the promise of God?
- Laban unjustly took away all of the goats and sheep that would be Jacob's, cheating him of his wages. Why does God allow temporary obstacles to His blessing?
- How can we pray for you to humbly embrace the circumstances in life and remember God is with you? Or to repent from pride or sin so that you can walk in faith, responding in obedience to our Lord?
Posted on Tue, November 27, 2018
by Serena Walker filed under