Sunday Review: October 14, 2018
On Sunday, October 14, 2018, Matthew preached the message "God Does What He Says He Will Do" from Genesis 26 as a part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. For a PDF of the projection from the message, click here.
Special thanks to Doug Roberts for the following.
1. Think about and discuss how God blessed Isaac because of Abraham's obedience (Gen 22:16-18 and Gen 26:4-5). Compare this to how God promises to bless us based on Christ's obedience (Heb 8:6, 12). Then how would God have us respond to His blessing?
2. How could Isaac's sin have affected those around him? How could your sin affect those around you?
3. How should you react when you see someone in sin? Discuss prideful responses. And humble responses. Have you had opportunity lately to experience one of these responses that you could share your response and if needed what could your response be next time?
4. How does seeing God's covenant promise to Isaac (based on Abraham's obedience) and His people (based on Christ's obedience) help your response to your life's situations? Is there a particular situation in the last week or so about which you could tell us? Or a situation that you are now facing that we could pray about in the prayer time?
5. God provided Isaac through a pagan king to keep his promise to Isaac's offspring. God provided blessing to Isaac one hundred fold. How has God provided in your life recently? What situation could we pray for you to wait on God to provide?
Posted on Mon, October 15, 2018
by Serena Walker filed under