Sunday Review | October 16, 2016
Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Josh opened our time together with announcements for the week and a Call to Worship.
We sang Our Song From Age to Age and When You Move.
Daniel Crichigno led us in a prayer of confession.
We sang My Heart is Yours and Grace Unmeasured while giving our tithes and offerings.
Mike Hickman read Daniel 2 and Matthew preached the message "The Supremacy of His Kingdom" as the next in our current series Dominion, The Book of Daniel. To listen again, visit our Audio Resources page.
We sang Jesus Shall Reign and Matthew closed our time together with a benediction from Jude 24-25.
1. What is the source of all wisdom and knowledge? Matthew said that "Pervasive casualness doesn't serve us when it comes to understanding God." What does this mean? Has such an attitude ever been a struggle for you?
2. How did Daniel respond in the face of trouble? Define the concept of "humble courage". How can we emulate this?
3. How is God's mercy displayed to Daniel in this passage? Similarly, how has His mercy been displayed to you? How are you called to respond?
4. Describe Nebuchadnezzar's vision in your own words. What is the significance of the four kingdoms described here? How does this vision display the sovereignty and power of God?
5. How should you live in light of the fact the the supremacy of God's power is displayed in Christ?
Posted on Tue, October 18, 2016
by Serena Walker filed under