Sunday Review: October 8, 2017
Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Matthew began our time together with announcements and read Psalm 97 as a call to worship.
We sang Holy, Holy, Holy and Chris led us in a Prayer of Confession.
We sang Not In Me and My Redeemer's Love.
Matthew read Luke 12:22-34 as we gave of our tithes and Katie Siefring read Hebrews 7 - the text for the day's message, "The Security of Salvation in Christ". Guest Pastor Rick Zaman of Grace Bible Church preached the message as a short break in our current series, Songs of Lament. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page.
After the message we sang Before the Throne of God Above and shared communion, led by Josh.
We sang Blessed Assurance and Josh closed our time together with a benediction.
- How is Melchizedek a “type” or “pattern” of Christ? What is the better, more sure hope that he brings?
- How is Christ a better hope and a better priest? Why do we have no need to turn elsewhere for our hope?
- How did the Lord show the “unchangeable character of His purpose”?
- What is a guarantor? What is the better covenant that Jesus is the guarantor of?
- With all of this understanding about Jesus as our High Priest, how is the way you live changed on a daily basis? How does this affect how you interact with your family? With neighbors or at work? With your enemies?
Posted on Sun, October 8, 2017
by Serena Walker filed under