Sunday Review: September 30, 2018
On Sunday, September 30, 2018, Matthew preached the message "Providence Will Prevail" from Genesis 24 as a part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. For a PDF of the projection from the message, click here.
1. Consider the catechism questions that Matthew shared at the beginning of the message (see projection PDF) After hearing the message, how would you answer these questions in your own words?
- What do you understand by the providence of God?
- How does the knowledge of God's creation and providence help us?
2. What guarantees God's promises to us? How have you seen Him keep his promises in your life or in the lives of other believers around you?
3. Matthew taught that God is eager to hear our prayers; He is eager to show faithfulness to us. Is that ever difficult for you to believe? Why? Does your personal prayer life currently reflect a complete trust in God's promises?
4. Where is the error in viewing God's providence as a license for disobedience? What does it look like to allow His promises to instead fuel our obedience?
Posted on Mon, October 1, 2018
by Serena Walker filed under